Monday, April 13, 2009

Random Stuff

Most people say they don't realize how big their baby is getting while it's happening since you see them every day. Darren and I, however, are the opposite. Every day we can actually SEE that Cade is getting bigger. He no longer fits his newborn clothes, which is simply depressing. I used to be able to lay him in my lap with ease, but now when I do he pushes off my stomach with his legs. What the heck?? Can he really be growing this fast?! Not only is he getting taller, but he is getting MUCH fatter! More and more rolls show up all the time. I know his cheeks were chubby to begin with, but now I'm pretty sure they hang lower than his chin... is that normal? :)

Anyways, since Cade is getting so big, I am able to try new clothes with him. A week ago we put him in his overalls for the first time. Darren didn't like it because he thought they made him look too old! But when we took them off, Darren practically peed his pants:

According to Darren, Cade "looks like the old man that walks down the stairs, all dressed for the day, that forgot to put on his pants"

Here are a few pictures of Darren and Cade. I didn't want to talk about them all, but wanted to post them, so I just put them on a slideshow.



It's so fun to see Darren play with our little baby. It has almost been two months since we had Cade and Darren still gets giddy when he plays with him. Before Darren and I were even seriously dating I knew he would be a good dad. It all but melted my heart when I saw him playing at the park with the kids I was nannying at the time. It was at that moment that I knew I wanted Darren to be the father of my children. He's such a good dad to Cade and I'm so happy I married someone who loves his child (almost) as much as he loves me!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to talk about other developments! Not only is Cade growing, but he's starting to DO so much more! He holds his toy rings, sucks on his hands, follows us with his eyes, rolls on his side and a bunch of other fun things. But my favorite new developments are his smiles (which he does in response to US instead of gas) and coos (umm... is that how you would spell that?)! He smiles and coos at us ALL the time now! Even though it happens all day long, I still can't help but smile and laugh every time I hear it. Below is a video of him cooing. Unfortunately, this is more of a sad cooing instead of a happy one, but is cute nonetheless.

3 comments:

Alix said...

BRANDI!
His voice get's so high! He is seriously so cute! I want to see him in person. I know I say that every time but, it's TRUE! I miss you Brandi!

Dan and Marci Family said...

Oh I love this video thanks for all the updates it makes me feel like I can see him grow up. We hope to see him before he get to old.

Unknown said...

I NEED that baby! Oh I don't know him and it kills me! Worse is that my baby won't know him or you guys. That's it, everyone move to sunny CA! (Unless of course you're talking about the middle of December and going to the beach! Ha Ha!) I love his coos and his squeals. We'll figure out something. We have to come up after we have little laynee! Darren you truly are a wonderful daddy. Luv ya guys!