Sunday, July 19, 2009

Brock's Farewell

I can't believe I'm just now posting about this, but my little brother Brock is on a mission for our church. He was called to the West Indies mission. He left June 3rd and will be back in two years! We're so proud of him for making the decision to do this. It will change not only his life, but the lives of those he comes in contact with. He and the people he serves will continually be in our prayers.

Before he left, my older sister and her two little girls came up to say goodbye to him. It was soo much fun having them here! I love those girls and I can't believe how much they've grown up since the last time I saw them. It was so fun to be able to spend so much time with family. Like the last time my sister came up, we stayed at my parents house the whole time... it was a blast!



Here is one of their last pictures together before Brock left. It's going to be crazy for Brock to see him and how much he's changed when he gets back!
Brock was trying to make the same face as Cade... successful??

Brock got Cade a Jordan outfit when he was born. Then Darren got some shoes that matched it. He's a basketball player in the making!

Oh yeah! Cade actually PLAYED with his toys for the first time while we were there! I didn't have to force him to hold them or anything! It was very thrilling :)

Again, pictures are in the slide show below. View if you desire.

3 comments:

The Robinsons said...

In some of these pictures, Cade looks A LOT like Casey did when he was that age. I think it's those BIG CHEEKS! Cute pictures!

Meg said...

That's so cool that your bro got called to that mission. My mother and father-in-law are actually serving in the West Indies mission right now. Maybe they'll run into eachother. It's Brother and Sister Hymas. :)

P.S. Cade is adorable! :)

Johnny & Alli said...

Yea! More updates! Cade is so big...I can't believe how much he's grown. So excited to see you guys in pictures again!!!