Born at 11:56 am Thursday February 19th 2009
7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5" long
He's FINALLY HERE!!! And I'm FINALLY not pregnant... though I may still appear 4 or 5 months along... dang it.
Anyway, after having contractions for more than 24 hours, they were finally consistent enough to head to the hospital. We arrived there at about 11:30 on Wednesday night. My contractions were getting more and more painful by the minute.
The next morning, my mom and Bailey came to the hospital and brought Darren some breakfast. We kind of just hung out while I tried to keep my eyes open. After a while, my dad surprised me by walking into the room! He was out of town on business, but changed his flight so he could be there when the little guy was born! What a wonderful treat!
Once it was time to push, everyone but Darren cleared out of the room and the nurse came in. I pushed for about a half hour and the nurse said STOP PUSHING! He was coming quicker than we expected so we just sat around and waited for the doctor to show up. Once she arrived, I pushed a couple times and he was out! We had a little scare when he came out with the cord around his neck. Unfortunately the doctor had to cut it in the middle initially to get him out safely, but Darren got to make the final cut later. I had always imagined having the baby placed on my chest right after he was born, as I cried tears of joy and forgot about everything else going on. But when Cade was placed on my chest, his body was limp and his arms flopped lifeless at his sides. They quickly took him off of me and rushed to get him oxygen so he would start breathing. Everything was normal within a few minutes. It's amazing, the instant love you have for your baby. He's everything we could have ever hoped for!
Below is a slideshow of some of the fun pictures we've taken so far.
We just HAD to post this video of the cute little squeal Cade makes as he works his way into an all out scream. We can't help but laugh every time he does it :)


30 comments:
Congrats! It is an amazing feeling to be a parent.
I SERIOUSLY cannot believe it! I am soooooo UNBELIEVABLY happy for you guys! I can't wait the little guy he is so freaking adorable! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
COONGRATULATIONS! He is so handsome and you both look great! I am so happy for you guys, this is such a precious little miracle and you two will be WONDERFUL parents! Good luck! :) We miss you guys.
Ohhhhhhhhhh I need to see him in person! the girls and I sat around for a long time this morning looking at the pictures and watching the video over and over and over .... I'm sure we'll be looking all day. He is beautiful and we a so very happy for you (and for us to have another cousin!). Thanks for posting - I can't stand it he is just so cute.
He is beautiful! I love those chubby cheeks already, it took Mac months to finally get those. Enjoy every minute of him, it is crazy how fast the time goes. Congrats again!
Awe congratulations you two! He's so precious! Can't wait to meet him this weekend!
Brandi!! he is adorable!! i am coming in march and we need to get together for sure so i can meet him!! you are a beautiful mother and can't wait for you to enjoy all the little sweet things he brings to your life!
I'm so excited for another healthy beautiful Litchfield baby added to the family! Brandi, that sounds like a pretty great labor and delivery {at least once the epideral set in =} He is so cute, and I agree with the previous posts, don't ever feel like you need to do anything more than look and and appreciate the tiny gift you guys have been given. They really do grow up so fast. Love you guys!
I'm so excited for another healthy beautiful Litchfield baby added to the family! Brandi, that sounds like a pretty great labor and delivery {at least once the epideral set in =} He is so cute, and I agree with the previous posts, don't ever feel like you need to do anything more than look and and appreciate the tiny gift you guys have been given. They really do grow up so fast. Love you guys!
I'm so excited for another healthy beautiful Litchfield baby added to the family! Brandi, that sounds like a pretty great labor and delivery {at least once the epideral set in =} He is so cute, and I agree with the previous posts, don't ever feel like you need to do anything more than look and and appreciate the tiny gift you guys have been given. They really do grow up so fast. Love you guys!
OH my gosh... I need to see him.. it is killing me. Good work on the adorable baby :) I am so happy for you guys, you will be great parents. Love ya! Hopefully I will see ya soon.
Oh Brandi I love him already he is adorable. Braden is so happy and said mom he is sooo... cute are they home yet, and I said yes, oh man he was excited and said oh good so can we call them on the computer and see Cade. So we need to do that soon. Oh and I loved the video it's great, and congrats he is so cute.
Congrats! I am scared out of my mind for the delivery! Thanks for sharing your experience and I am so glad he is healthy and everything turned out well! Keep posting pictures. :)
Congrats to the both of you. I cannot believe how precious he is! He has such a handsome baby face. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Having boys is tons of fun, you have lots of adventures ahead! Good luck with sleeping we are still trying to figure that out, two and a half years later... although having #2 doesnt help much either! lol! CONGRATS!
SOOOOOO darling. What a beautiful baby! Bart and I can't wait to meet him :)
He looks just like you Brandi!! What a beautiful baby he is! And so much hair!! My little grandson Max has 3 little blonde wisps on the top of his head - I refuse to call him bald! Cade is truly adorable, as are you, and I can't believe you're a parent either!! But I know you'll be a good one - I love your blog and all the pics and I hope to see Cade soon! xoxo, Nan
Congratulations you guys he is adorable. I really like the name too. You guys will be great parents!
Congrats! He is so cute! Glad everyone is home and healthy!!
He is so adorable!! Congratulations you two!!!
You looked great during labor! I hope I can too! Congrats on being parents, hope we can meet him if we come to seattle soon :)
Oh you guys, he's so sweet! I keep seeing both of you in different faces that he makes. I love to hear his little voice! Now if only I had an excuse to go to Seattle... Oh and you look just beautiful in your prego pictures. No one should look that good, that far along. You make the rest of us look bad! J/K!! Oh he's beautiful and we love you all!
He is so cute, you guys do good work
Wow congratulations guys! He is a pretty cute peanut face! I love the cry video...Darren, do you still love it? That's awesome, he's little stud muffin.
He's so cute! Epidurals rule! Congratulations! -Caitlin Densley Sirrine
He is adorable. We are very hapy for you guys!
We're so happy for you guys! Being parents is the best! It's quite an adventure, and it's true how you just love him more and more everyday. We can't wait to see him!
Okay I am stealing him. And then I am just going to smush his face with all of my kisses. What a darling little guy with I must say perfect features. I have been really wanting to come visit and meet him but we have been sick here. Miss you Brandi and can't wait to see you baby Cade. D man! You're okay too.
* jenni
Congratulations!!! He really is so cute! It's like he skipped right over the smashed face, raisin look that most newborns have. I wish I could hold him! I miss you guys!
Wow! He really is one of the cutest newborns I've ever seen. They usually come out looking like aliens, but not this doll! Good work! :)
I am so happy for you guys and hope everything is well. Let me know if we can bring you guys dinner and a movie after all the attention goes away.
Post a Comment